This is a quick guide on how to clean a deep fryer. These are very useful appliances to have in any kitchen yet if used frequently they get dirty, and need to be cleaned to work effectively and for hygiene reasons. Deep fryers need to be cleaned regularly as oil gets inside parts of the fryer. Cleaning your deep fryer on a regular basis would prolong its lifetime.
The more use you get out of your fryer the more delicious food you can continue to enjoy over the years.
I have written some of the really useful cleaning tips, right here and comment in the post if you know better technique to clean it.
1. If at all possible wipe off any excess grease with a soapy cloth or sponge as soon as your fryer has cooled down enough to touch. However you do have to be quick. Should the grease not come off at the first attempt other measures have to be taken.
2. Once grease has got stuck to the outside of your deep fat fryer something with a bit power than your average kitchen cleaner is needed. Instead you require a specialist cleaning bar or spray, available from larger supermarkets or specialist grocery stores. Such a cleaning spray is called Dawn Power Dissolver.
3. Using a spray on cleaner often increases the amount of grease that can be reached and therefore removed from hard to reach places. Once you have sprayed the areas to be cleaned wait a few minutes for the spray to start soaking into the grease. After those few minutes wipe away the grease with a scourer as it will remove more grease than a cloth.
4. Remember to clean out the inside of the fryer on a regular basis. The best way to do this will vary according to whether or not the fryer you has has an exposed element or not.
5. If the element is not exposed then you can clean the interior of the fryer with boiling water. Basically all you have to do is remove all of the oil. Then you fill your fryer with water, switch it on making sure that the water reaches boiling point. After allowing the water to boil for ten minutes drain it. Just wipe the inside with some kitchen towel. If the inside is clean allow it to dry, if there is any grease then wipe with a soapy cloth.
6. When the element is exposed it is not safe to use water. Instead spray the inside with your power spray and leave for around half an hour. After that time wipe away the residue with kitchen towel or a cloth.
These simple cleaning processes and tips do work, and they should be repeated as often as possible.
Watch the video here to learn more.
If you are planning to purchase one, then click to read our deep fryer reviews here.