Everyone loves crisp fries, crunchy potato chips, and succulent chicken wings but they can mean bad news for your waistline. Did you know there is a way to enjoy these foods without all the fat? With the almost magical air fryer, you can have the same crispy, golden brown foods you love using only a tiny amount of oil!
Table of Contents
Read on to learn how this miracle machine will change the way you cook forever
- Air fryers are small, cylindrical appliances that can sit on your countertop.
- Much like a convection oven, they cook food quickly and evenly by blowing hot air around the machine.
- This method gives foods a crisp outside and tender inside like deep frying but using only a tablespoon of oil.
- Air fryers cook 20 percent faster than a regular oven, saving you time and money.
- Using an air fryer is an easy way to eat your favorite foods in a healthier way.
To use an air fryer
- Toss food in 1 tablespoon of oil or spray it with cooking spray to cut the oil content even more.
- Put food in the fryer basket and secure it inside the cylinder.
- Set the time and temperature on the air fryer and let it do its magic!
- Be sure to shake the foods around in the basket every 5 to 10 minutes to ensure every piece is cooked consistently.
- You can also use air fryers for more than just "frying." Use them to quickly toast nuts or roasting vegetables.
- Air fryers are great for reheating foods without making them soggy and rubbery like microwaves often do.