A twinkie is a cream-filled snack cake that is quite popular in America. Deep-frying gives any food an added dimension of flavor and doing that takes this classic American treat to another level, giving it a crispy crunch on the outside and a cool, creamy burst on the inside.
Table of Contents
- 4 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 10 Hostess Twinkies
- 5 wooden popsicle sticks
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Enough vegetable oil to submerge the twinkies
- Place the twinkies in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place the oil in a fryer and heat it to 190 degrees Celsius.
- In one bowl make your batter by mixing together the milk, vinegar and a tablespoon of oil.
- In another bowl blend together the flour, salt and baking powder then whisk it in with the wet ingredients from the other bowl until you have a smooth consistency.
- Place the batter in the refrigerator until it reaches the fridge temperature.
- Take the popsicle sticks and stick one end into the twinkies, ensuring that you leave enough space to hold them.
- Dust the twinkies with flour and then dip them into batter making sure that the entire twinkie is covered in batter.
- Lay the battered twinkies into the hot oil.
- The twinkies will float in the oil so use a metallic frying spoon to turn them over as they cook.
- Leave the twinkies in the hot oil for about five minutes or until they have browned over on each side then use the spoon to take the twinkies out of the fryer and place them on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Once the twinkies have cooled sprinkle them with cinnamon powder and powdered sugar.
- Serve with a sweet dipping sauce such as Berry Sauce or chocolate syrup.
Watch this video for your reference
To read our honest reviews and finger licking recipes, go here. To learn other deep fried recipes, please click here. Planning to buy best deep fryer for home? click here. Want Air Fryer, then click here.