Chicken is fried quickly in hot vegetable oil and you easily fall in love with it. This whole fried chicken can be served with tostones or Spanish white rice.
Table of Contents
Things You’ll Need
• Turkey fryer
• A stand
• A pot
• A food basket
• A burner
• Cooking oil
• A tape
• Oil thermometer
• Meat thermometer
1. Place the chicken in the fryer basket and lower the basket into the pot. Pour water into the pot to cover the whole chicken. Using the tape, mark the water as a filler line for the oil and then remove the chicken from the pot.
2. To prevent dangerous splattering when frying, dry the fryer thoroughly. Place the burner on a firm leveled ground away from trees, overhangs and anything that might catch if oil spills and burns.
3. Put cooking oil to the marked filler line and center the fryer stand over the burner. For your own safety, double check the pot and make sure it is stable before lighting the burner.
4. Adjust the flame to a proper height so that it makes contact with the pot bottom. Place the thermometer inside the pot and ensure that it’s only submerged in the oil but not touching the bottom of the pot. Let the oil heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before parting the chicken dry inside and out.
5. Place your chicken on the baking pan uncovered and let air circulate to help evaporate excess moisture on the chicken’s surface. After the excess water has evaporated, season the chicken with salt, pepper and spices.
6. Place your chicken in the frying basket and turn your burner off. Gently lower the basket into the hot oil to avoid splatters. Switch the burner on again and fry the chicken for 3.5 minutes per pound as you maintain the temperatures between 340 to 375F. When the cooking is complete, turn your burner off.
7. Gently lift your chicken from the fryer and keep the basket over the fryer until the oil has stopped dripping before placing the basket on your work-space.
8. To ensure that the meat is well cooked. Insert a thermometer to various parts of the chicken. A properly cooked chicken should register 180 F. You can confirm various parts of the chicken like thigh and breast. Uncooked chicken should be returned to the pot and cooked.
9. Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before you can serve it to your family and friends.